The Office Manager role is 3 days a week, working remotely 2 days and from a shared office in Hendon 1 day a week. This is a varied role holding responsibility for areas of office and database management, events’ and HR/compliance and administration. An opportunity to be part of a small hard-working team, passionate about upholding the mission statement of the organisation.
StandWithUs UK is a non-partisan all-inclusive Israel Education charity, dedicated to educating about Israel and tackling antisemitism. Through pro-active education and creative resources, we inspire individuals in schools, campuses, and communities alike.
Our flagship programme, the UK Emerson Fellowship provides a framework for like-minded university students who want to change the landscape within which Israel Education takes place. Trained to identify challenges, students will provide a focused and professional response to antisemitism and anti-Zionism in every sphere of student life. Students receive access to a global network of prestigious Israel educators.
StandWithUs (SWU) is an international and non-partisan Israel education organisation that inspires and educates people of all ages and backgrounds, challenges misinformation and fights antisemitism.
SWU empowers and energises students and communities with leadership training and educational programmes on hundreds of University campuses, secondary schools, and middle schools across the world. SWU informs through social media, print and digital materials, films, weekly newsletters, and missions to Israel.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Provide ongoing administrative support to the Executive Director, staff, Board and Trustees.
· Act as first point of contact for the organisation – welcoming, assisting & directing callers.
· Day to day admin tasks including taking and typing up minutes for Board Meetings, administration of two email accounts and managing office supplies.
· Database management: accurate and timely data management and reporting as required.
· Administration of donors - recording and logging of donor information and ensuring all details are maintained and circulated. Thanking of all donations; ensuring donors are reminded to give at the appropriate time and creating database reminders for donors to contribute.
· Ensure that financial data is being successfully imported where necessary.
· Liaise with the Finance Officer regularly on all financial matters.
· Liaison with website/graphics and IT support as relevant.
· Assisting with the smooth running of events including booking of accommodation, transport, communicating with participants and speaker hospitality.
· Administration and logistics of all fundraising events.
· Assist with all student recruitment, well-being and assist campus coordinators with the smooth running of the yearly programmes.
· Assist with recruitment for staff vacancies including advertising vacancies, arranging interviews, reference requests etc.
· Onboarding support – contracts of employment, payroll etc in conjunction with relevant HR and finance professionals.
· Maintaining personnel records of staff and students and support in HR matters to office staff.
· Ensure GDPR compliance with database and all confidential documentation is maintained in line with relevant legislation.
· Maintain up to date policies and procedures including health and safety, risk assessments, staff wellbeing etc. Knowing where aspects of projects are up to, including being aware of when group meetings are taking place.
· A proven track record in an administrative/organisational role.
· Experience developing and maintaining relationships.
· Self-motivated, and keen to learn and develop new skills and knowledge.
· Capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to be welcoming and compassionate.
· Ability to remain calm and work effectively under pressure.
· Ability to be flexible and responsive to change.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Strong IT skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Strong skills and experience of using a CRM system or database.
· Previous experience in HR administration and recruitment process (desirable)
· Knowledge of GDPR and legal compliance of charities (desirable)
· Experience or maintaining a risk register or risk management system (desirable)
· A strong connection in upholding the values of the StandWithUs mission statement
Closing date - 31st May 2021