StandWithUs is an international, non-partisan Israel education organisation that inspires and educates people of all ages and backgrounds, challenges misinformation and fights antisemitism. We empower and energise students and communities with leadership training and educational programmes on both school and university campuses. StandWithUs informs through social media, printed materials, digital platforms, film and newsletters.
StandWithUs UK founded in 2010, works closely with SWU Israel and has become a recognised support system and leading resource for students on UK campuses and in schools.
The StandWithUs UK Lead Educator works for and supports the organisation’s educational programmes and activities across the spectrum of demographics.
The Lead Educator delivers content, leadership programs, sessions, and workshops on education about Israel and countering antisemitism.
The responsibilities of the Lead Educator will involve running and coordinating courses, programmes, and workshops for a wide range of age groups. The educator will work with the Director of Schools & Youth Programming to meet organisational aims, goals and targets.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Leading programmes and outreach activities such as StartUp and Explore.
· Travelling around the country to deliver workshops and presentations to a variety of audiences.
· Work on creating and developing content for programmes, workshops and activities.
· Supporting the organisation and developing educational literature for a variety of age groups.
· Supporting the marketing and recruitment for leadership programmes such as StartUp.
· Developing personal relationships with leaders in schools, youth organisations, and other communal bodies.
· Supporting any ongoing contact with schools, educational staff, parents and students.
· When required, represent StandWithUs UK at high-level meetings and events in the UK and other locations.
· Assisting with developing a PR strategy for StandWithUs UK, including the use of media, publications, TV, social media, email, and newsletters.
· Working with the digital manager in promoting and updating all digital estates that relates to the department.
· Helping identify fundraising opportunities, trusts, and individuals to approach and pitch. Assist in key meetings and events that involve or provide fundraising opportunities.
· Passion about Israel and combatting antisemitism.
· Good level of English.
· A strong knowledge of Israel and Jewish history.
· Open-minded approach to engaging with audiences across a wide spectrum.
· Confident public-speaking skills.
· Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours when required to.
· Room to develop one’s own skills and learn new ones.
· Previous experience in educational settings (preferred).
Place of Work: The main place of work is the StandWithUs UK office in North London.
Salary: up to £28,000 commensurate with experience
1. Your CV - we advise that a CV should consist of no more than 1 side of A4 – this should also contain key achievements relevant to this role
2. Personal Statement - we ask for a personal statement, addressing the Knowledge, Skills & Abilities requirements, to support your application. This should also include your interest in the role and how you and your experience would add value to StandWithUs UK
The position is full-time.
StandWithUs is a movement that welcomes volunteers!
We might not have something available immediately. We will try to find an opportunity based on how you feel you could help.
Please complete the form below, and we will get in touch with you: